Join Team HopeSprings as we run in the Baltimore Running Festival on Saturday, October 13, 2012. You can have an impact as we seek:
1. To make it easy for people to be a part of this Baltimore Running Tradition and to be a part of a HUGE event right in our community while at the same time raising money to equip volunteers to serve in the City;
2. To Awaken and Educate Baltimore City about HIV/AIDS; and
3. To Educate our church partners, friends, family and community members about HopeSprings mission in partnering with established Baltimore City HIV/AIDS organizations working in all areas to help with the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
Why should I be on the HopeSprings Team in the Baltimore Running Festival?
1. You are running anyways, you like to stay in shape — so be a part of a fun group of people who are making an important difference in combating HIV/AIDS in Baltimore City.
2. You have NEVER run in a race. HopeSprings will be there to support and guide you with your training for this exciting event held right in your community.
3. You want to help to raise money to fight HIV/AIDS in Baltimore City and get healthy and in shape at the same time with an encouraging and supportive group.
Registration for this event is a 3 part process:
- Start by clicking here for full registration/fundraising information.
- Register with the Baltimore Running Festival. You will need to officially register with the Baltimore Running Festival in order to participate. Here is the address for official registration. We would kindly ask that runners pay Baltimore Running Festival’s registration price out of their own pocket. Registration may close in early August so please do this asap.
- Register with HopeSprings on Crowdrise (takes less than 2 minutes). This website will allow you to not only track the funds you raise but also utilize social networking in order to help you raise funds. Furthermore, it will allow us to communicate with you and the others participating in this event, spreading the word about training runs and providing journal materials. To register on Crowdrise, click hereand follow these instructions:
- Click on the FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT black button on the right of the screen. You will use the FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT button if you are registering as an individual and if you are registering as a team for the relay. If you are registering for the team relay, you will have the opportunity to create a new team or join an existing team on the next screen.
- Enter all information required. Think creatively about your team title and the information you put in the About Your Team section. As noted earlier, you will send donors to this site so put your best foot forward to come up with a great site. You can pick your own url, enter information about your team and project, pick your HopeSprings t-shirt size, and accept the terms and conditions. Please note that the Amount of Money You Hope To Raise must be at a minimum $30/mile. Details are included in this packet on page 2.
- Click NEXT STEP. Feel free to upload a photo of yourself or you can skip this option as well by clicking SKIP THIS STEP
- You will then be asked to REVIEW YOUR CHARITY. You will see the HopeSprings logo. Click CONTINUE.
- CONGRATULATIONS. You are finished registering. You will receive an email from HopeSprings within the next 24 hours. You can now use this website to raise funds, track donors, send out messages to other runners, etc.
If you are unable to register electronically on Crowdrise, please send an email to email@example.com and include your Name, Email Address, Telephone Number, and Race Distance, and she will contact you with additional information.
Can’t Run but Still Want to Participate?
Support Runners by Clicking Here